Privileges and preferences
Economic entities registered in the FEZ "Nukus" are exempt from payment:
tax on property of legal entities
tax on improvement and development of social infrastructure
single tax payment for microfirms and small enterprises
mandatory contributions to the Republican Road Fund
mandatory contributions to the non-budgetary Fund for the reconstruction, overhaul and equipping of general education schools, professional colleges, academic lyceums and medical institutions under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan
The above tax exemptions are granted for a period of 3 to 10 years, depending on the amount of investments made, including the equivalent:
• from 300 thousand US dollars to 3 million US dollars - for a period of 3 years;
• from 3 million US dollars to 5 million US dollars - for a period of 5 years;
• from 5 million US dollars to 10 million US dollars - for a period of 7 years;
• from 10 million US dollars and above - for a period of 10 years, with application of the income tax rate and single tax payment for the next 5 years at a rate of 50 percent below the current rates.
• Subject to the implementation by the participants of the activity on the production of finished pharmaceutical products on the territory of the "Nukus" FEZ, a discount is applied for the harvesting (collection) of wild plants, in the amount of 50 percent of the established payments for such activities.
• Participants of FEZ "Nukus" are exempt from payment:
• customs payments (except for customs clearance fees) for equipment, raw materials, materials and components that are imported for own production needs;
• customs payments (except for fees for customs clearance) for construction materials not produced in the country and imported in the framework of projects, according to the lists approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The participants of FEZ "Nukus" have no restrictions in the implementation of foreign exchange operations:
in transfers, FEZs can make settlements and payments in foreign currency in accordance with agreements and contracts concluded between them;
to pay in freely convertible currency the supply of goods, works and services from other economic entities - residents of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
use convenient terms and forms for payment and settlements for exported and imported goods.